June 9, 2011

Elementary School Business Letters

I had my highest level students write a letter to a business of their choice. They did a great job. Fabulous choices! Ha! A long running joke (but in all seriousness) with many of my friends here- is 'Where is the Wendy's?' 'Get Wendy's in Korea!' sorta thing. My jaw hit the floor when I started to receive rough drafts about bringing Wendy's to Korea with no preemptive encouragement. The war between kimbab junguk and kimbab nara (two Korean style 'fast food' resturants- quick not greasy) ragged on. And one girl woahed about her father's job. Writing with the kids is so much better than the blah blah books. I hope that the next texts we get are geared towards writing as well!
p.s. You can't read the letters in the small pics- so please click on them to get the full effect and greatness!
*BONUS SPOT! Richard's how-to paper, "How to Make Mother Angry" a real jem! Complete with a fabulous picture of yelling mom, crying Richard, and the standard Korean 'arms-up' punishment.








1 comment:

Britt Kee said...

richard is one scheming kid!!