June 22, 2010

kimchi jjigae in Minneasooootta

It's weird how things turn around. Last Wednesday, I found myself crying about how much I missed my friends in Minneapolis when I was in Korea. A day or two later at lunch with Mike, I was questioning moving back. I miss my adventures and friends there! haha And the food and my students and and....

So, the food, I can take care of that at least. We went to a Korean restaurant called King's. It's all the way down Central Ave. then right on Moore Lake Dr. in Fridley. yumyumyum
*Note there is also a great Korean shop in the back of Dong Yang's Oriental Foods left on 45thAve off of Central.

Pretty tasty. Five times more expensive as in Korea but it does the trick.

First stop, the Korean grocery store, Seoul Foods, next door.
Milkis!

We bough a bunch of Pocari Sweat too.

Kimchi!! Yum! I have to go back here. They also had this killer melon ice cream bar that I love love love buuuut we were too full full full after lunch annnnndd the ice cream social was later this day so I had to for-go the treat.


Lunch.
Soju! Mike's first time. Blllaahh I hated it. He liked it-- give him a year on it and we'll see! haha
p.s. Hate is too strong of a word but you get my drift if you've been in Korea for a good amount of time....



Pajeon

A big smile here but Mike was scared off by the tentacles.



The jjigae won the contest for best dish this time. xx I wouldn't expect less really.


Between 'Seoul Foods' and King's we found some FREE taco holders! haha These random free thingy-ma-jiggers were outside of Ax-man.

Free stuff! What is it? Who cares! It's free!

Neither of us took one. But we sure did laugh a lot.

1 comment:

Extreme Ash said...

This day looks amazing. I am so jealous, that food...nom nom nom. And don't be sad cody, your adventures in life are far from over.