June 21, 2010

NorthEast Ice Cream Social

Heck fricken yes! I was looking forward to this all week. Friday was host to the St Anthony Park Ice Cream Social. Get awesome 2010.

My sundae. Note: TWO kinds of sprinkles! This NE gathering did not let me down!

Yum yum yum yum ice cream yum yum yum

Amelia and Mike accompanied me ^^

This place had some characters let me tell you...
Families, older couples with lawn chairs, a few random odd balls, and a couple NE committee members pretty much set the tone.
'King' and his wife 'Queen', both wearing wolf shirts, were my favorite. King thought Mike was my dad. What?! Sci-Fi guy, who wore his full bike gear getup around half the time, was pretty cool too. One lady was wearing a tie- dye "I have aahhhh short term aahhhh" shirt.
I <3 my neighbors.

I helped a kid fly a kite... .

..and watch another get one stuck in a tree. Which was then followed by half of the people there trying to get it down. They only managed to get it more stuck. I was happy it was stuck in the tree, imagining it would be flying there all night long.


It was great. I kind of wish I would have gotten there earlier.
But sitting in the park and enjoying the nice day faired me well even after the ice cream fans disbanded.

No comments: