July 20, 2011

Some say...The way to a man's heart is through his stomach....

Aahhhh Summer. Fresh salsa is upon us. Mexican night with homemade guacamole, salsa, nachos, and mexican steak sandwiches (we were aiming for mexican burgers but a problem arose and steak was had). Next, is an example of my usual Thursday lunch. After a Wednesday night Spanish class, home cooked meal date night, Dan and I rejoin the world at a local ma and pa kimbab shop. We have a few restaurants we choose from- pick one and off we go. Question: Are we as cutesy//disgusting when others aren't around? Answer: We are more cutesy/ disgusting at this point. Come into a shop in PNU around noon on a Thursday and there you will find us picking out the best bites from our two shared plates to feed each other. Question: Do we tell friends to meet us at 8:30 and then arrive at 8 so we can be alone first? Answer: Why certainly. <3 Dan is on vacation now, if you can't tell. 40 days in Europe and only three are down :::le sigh::: :/ I am doing great with my time: hanging out with girl friends, the beach, books, cleaned the house, new super cool nails, two home cooked meals, and I hope to keep it all going with a little list of things I intend to do. However, you know, I miss him so. Anyhow, back to the food. Okay I know-- after that rant you won't want to see this but here it is!! Heart shaped pancakes for brunchie with some office on the side. Who knew life could be this good. ha ;) Last but not least another go at the Thai coconut chicken risotto. Que rico!













1 comment:

platinumseagulls said...

Lines like, "Fresh salsa is upon us," make me miss you so much. You guys sound like a cute overload, maxout, etc.