July 4, 2011

The Fourth Fumble

Happy Fourth of July, my friends!

I love all holidays. Especially being away, I become quite nostalgic and miss home. I usually end upping the bar with a grand celebration on whatever scale it may be. This year was a fumble on the holiday. Try and try, it just hasn't seemed like panning out, right on down to my red(orange), white, and blue nails. Never the less the holiday was held in my mind and little surprises were had.

I ate a dill pickle that was mailed to me from America.
I got a piece of mail from another friend with a Minnesota shaped, beautiful, snowy scene refrigerator magnet.
I watched a clip from the Fourth of July in The Sandlot.
I bought glitter and black paper-- I plan to blow glue around and sprinkle it with colors for the big grand finale tonight! Woohoo!
I got a sun burn this weekend and a few new mosquito bites.

Okay now I'm just scraping the bottom of the barrel. But no big deal it was alright. Nothing too special.

I came home on Sunday night after a weekend jammed packed with Canada Day celebrations (wwaaahwaahhh). They were fun but made me jealous. I still had hopes for a holiday horrah. Then I read some junky America articles as are such:

MN shutting down the state parks and public services. (post script: My mom told me that there were horrible storms this weekend. Trees were down all over and the parks were in shambles. Perhaps this was a mini blessing in disguise. )
and
and

Oh how happy and hopeful this post was before. Sometimes I think the country is making it pretty hard for me to come back. And I also feel responsible for not being there to do anything by working towards a positive action.

I don't want to get to philosophical on you right now. I have already typed more than what I have all year long. But I am proud to be an American. And thankful for it too. Although I sometimes cringe, I cross my fingers and hope that someday we can work towards the better -- no no achieve the better society I know our country deserves and can obtain.

And to end on a lighter note:
The nostalgic me wants to reminisce on Fourth of July's past. No too much happened this year but all the while the thoughts were there.

Don't for get to watch the grand finale!

Happy Fourth of July 2010 Day.... and Night... (two post there) plusssaahhh this video --->
Love you all.x


Actually looking back in my photo album, I realized I left out some jems in my 2009 post. Here are just a couple to add to the attraction.






















No comments: