March 22, 2010

Dog.

FOR DINNER!

Yes, when in Korea-- now's your chance-- so why not take it?!
Yum yum doggie dinner.

Just a note, most Koreans do not eat dog. Only a few that I have met have actually tried it. But - it is done and it is around- people were in the restaurant it was cool-

Dog soup::: this dish literally translated to 'three dog soup'

Rosie just watched me eat the puppy soup. She did brave one bite towards the end. Annnnd I think she liked it alright.



Here we go...

Uuuummmmm! My first bite!


I didn't take home a doggie bag:: However,
roooof rooof I didn't mean to- but I wore my dog socks that day- only realizing it as we were about to leave.

And then I had dog breath wah wah:: so I had to eat this peppe mint.

All in all it tasted very similar to chicken. It was finer than chicken and a bit more greasy or smooth- not as textured or fiberous. The meat was white. It was almost like chicken soup- cooked in a broth, with some rice, and green onions. It was a peppery dish.
It was kind of weird to eat dog; I'm not gunna lie.

I wanted to post a picture of a cute little dog on this-and say that was my dinner or you're next!- but the want for bed and lack of motivation have held me back.
Although, for some reason I thought of this video-
courtesy of Billy Madison

Dog soup is delicious!

hahahahaha ha
Doggone it!

4 comments:

Dus said...

hhahahaahahh LOLz all over the place!! Doggone it!!

First of all, the actual dog meal probably wasn't horrible, but its the mental image that would be in my head while eating the dog, of like cute puppies and 'Where the red fern grows' and my dog Abbey growing up... that would kill me. BLECH!!

Second... doggie bag joke, totally appropriate, well played!

Third... I don't know why, but that is my favorite part of Billy Madison, just that little moment where the dog speaks, and Billy laughs and says "hahhah OH MY GOD that is FUNNY!"

I'm inspired to blog now!

Anonymous said...

Well you got one up on me, and I've been here five and a half years. I've eaten just about every other crazy Korean thing there is to eat, and was pondering trying it. But the other day I paid another visit to the Gupo market (where they sell the dog meat in town), and that was enough to put me off such culinary adventures...

Cool blog, anyway..

Anonymous said...

Well you got one up on me, and I've been here five and a half years. I've eaten just about every other crazy Korean thing there is to eat, and was pondering trying it. But the other day I paid another visit to the Gupo market (where they sell the dog meat in town), and that was enough to put me off such culinary adventures...

Cool blog, anyway..

Extreme Ash said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

First of all, all your doggy jokes were awesome.

Second, HOLY SHIT YOU ATE PUPPY!!!