September 15, 2010

Minnesota State Fair 2010: second edition

The great MN get together. Continued.... more fried food, more friends, more belly aches, and sit ups!




Giant pumpkins!

The award winner! Three times the weight of me! Wow! That's one giant pumpkin pie! One giant jack 'o' lantern!


The best thing I have ever eaten at the fair: deep fried cheeseburger.
Yes, you heard me right-
DEEP FRIED CCCCHHEEEEZZZZBUURRGGGGEERRRR!

With a side dish of Mac and Cheese on a stick

First bite.


Sooooooo delicious.


Deep fried dessert

Deep fried Snickers ruled!

The Oreos sucked. :/ I have had good deep fried Oreos- but these were not it. Booo -- worst food award.

Yuck.

But yum.

I missed pictures of the giant animals because it was slightly disturbing to me- bunches of animals in tiny cages, surrounded by people gawking at them- and oddly enough- people also in cages right next to them. I could go on further with my critical debate but my thoughts are for discussion rather than my fun only blog, so I will spare you.
Anyhow, another note worthy attraction was the award winning baked goods: first place jams, pies, muffin, bread, and so forth. Yum Yum YUM! I miss my grandma! I better start my baking!
There were a couple of things I didn't sqeeze into my 2010 MN state fair experience, mainly a variety of rides. Wearing high heels that are a size too small but super cute may have played into that. Lesson learned.

No comments: