February 9, 2010

Polar Bear Plunge!

Now at first, I was thinking that the Polar Bear Plunge back home would be worse. However after much consideration, I think that Busan holds a fine fine candle in the running.
In the midwest a hole is cut into the frozen tundra's iced over lake. And then one by one people plop into the water then hop back out- only to run over to the mega heated tent and grab some hot cocoa or a Leinenkugels.
In Busan, you stand it nooott that cold of weather- perhaps someone from the midwest would say winter heat wave even. You may think, not -25 air must mean that water will not be too bad- WRONG!
You run into the ocean-- not an all at once jump but a gradual increase of icy cold freezing salt water. And you do not jump back out-- oh no- you swim around-- you swim out further into the ocean-you dunk under a good number of times- you splash your friend, you freeze your ass of--you swim more- you get out- you go back in and splash your friend more IT'S FRICKEN COLD! Extremely so. Frigid, bone chilling, arctic, bitter, biting, and numbing to the core!
Enjoy some of the photos from the event!

Haeundae Beach, Pusan, Korea 01/31/10

Registration for way-gooks haha


Your ice cold grip awaits

Leon organized the group of us to go together. Some people went for it from the evening before until the event (like 16 hours of pure party). The jump in wasn't until 11:30! haha Crazy kids. Needless to say a nap was in order. haha

Face fainting!! Hell yeah!


His back says 'Call me' haha


I asked for a seahorse. After a few seconds my friend said, "I dunno what that is but its sure not a seahorse." Where as I started to laugh with no avail-- it was pretty hard to settle down so she could finish my dolphin whale thing hoooraaay! :( stupid thing


These guys took the cake! AWESOME.






Representing America with pride!


Let the games begin!!

Of course, I run right in with my arms ready to hug the frozen ocean waters.

BBBBBBRRRRRR!!!

See me swimming there?! xtoo tuffx

Sooooooo ccccooolllldddd!








Just look closely at all these faces! FREEZING! BBbrrrrrrrr!

It was a blast hahaha ^^

1 comment:

Dus said...

hahah DUDE! That looks so fun. I'm shivering just thinkin' bout it though. Here's my list of LOLs:

1. The dude with the kitten face draped in American flag.

2. The "shark team". That is just awesome chest painting.

3. Official Batman Speedo.

I wish there were things half as rad going on back here, it's just snow and more snow, nothing really exciting, booooo.