February 12, 2011

Class Time!

My two LD(F) classes are awesome. This age and level is perfect, so inquisitive and not afraid to speak. From the first day I met Sean, and continuing even today, he always comes to class and asks, "Teacher, do you like ....?" Do you like dogs? Do you like venus fly traps? Do you like robots? Me too! hahaha It's awesome. So cute.

These two classes are ahead in there book. So for the rest of the semester we are going to do fun activities and whatnots. While learning about neighborhoods, I had them draw a picture and write sentences about their neighborhood.

















Each day I try to make a stride. This school has been more trying then my last position. Thursday in my first LD(F) class, as I was reprimanding two boys for fighting, one kid punched the other one in the face as I was standing right there. I couldn't find a Korean teacher so I had to send the kids home without punishment or knowing why they were fighting. It sucked. I almost cried. And, as you can tell, that mood rolled on into the rest of the day. Kids not bringing their books, not doing homework, not listening, or respecting me. It sucks. But then I have those special moments. Friday was a new day. I went in and tried the Pet Song with my other LD(F) class. Same activity as the fight club the day before. We learned a song about pets and then wrote our own verses in addition. This time around the class was great! We danced and sang to our hearts content! And again, the rest of the day was filled in song and laughter. Positive day with strides. Those moments are the ones to cherish. And as far as the others, I need to work on disciplining the kids. You give them and inch and they take a mile! I have never been good at that but each day I try to encourage the kids in the right direction.

Here is a video which my second LD(F) class made. Singing and dancing to 'The Pets Song' haha They are great.
The video is partially cut off on my blog- but basically that is just me dancing and singing with the kids. Its kind of funny to see so feel free to watch the whole video on YouTube. Also, the color became a little washed out after I uploaded it to YouTube but you get the idea. :D

1 comment:

Extreme Ash said...

This might be my favorite thing I have ever, ever seen. Good job Cody!