February 7, 2011

Solnal

Lunar New Year vacation! wooohoooo!!! A very merry welcome to the year of the rabbit! I'm stoked on it- big time.

I spent my three extra days off very well. I watched all of the Godfather movies, three foreign films, and caught up on some good ol' American television. I read two books. I hiked two mountains. I went to the jimjalbong. I went out for dinner. I made dinner. I feasted on brunch. I had a couple drinks (once a couple too many). I fixed up a cruiser bike. I got awesome.

Hop on into my life you cute little rabbit. This ones going to be pretty darn great.x

Here's a couple little peeks into my week.

Hiking in Seomyeon with Ms. Katie.


Steep one! Gotta hike up backwards on this lil' ditty.










Rachel made me a lovely dinner of home-made hummus and roasted veggie sandwiches. Great food, even greater company.

This is a picture of the ever-rare oven! Ooooohhhhh aahhhhhhhh an oven! When I told my brother this week that there are not really ovens here- he asked, "How do people eat?!" flabbergasted at the fact. Rachel bought hers new here and says she uses it pretty much every day. I know Shannon cooks everything under the sun using her mini toaster oven. I live off of my friends kindness, ramen, and kimbab-cheonguk.




Brunch! Yes! Huge plate! When we walked in (three lovely American gals) there were three little Korean gals sharing this one plate of brunch. Tisk tisk. However this may be why you weight 40 kilograms- I'm eating my own! Yum!

Hike up near Gwangali



Cat nap


Katie gave me her ol' cruiser. It has been in the rain for two years and you can tell. Added a new chain and got some new tubes in the tires. A little lube and off she goes! It's my first bike in Korea! Woohooo!! I hope to get another one too! I'm looking at one this week. More for bombing around. Biking fast, across town and such. Wish me luck!



Katie and I re-met up a couple hours later with some extra peeps. Upped the pace a bit to the cave bar. We over did it. But it was fun along the way.


No comments: