July 3, 2010

Country livin' 2: Wisconsin Edition

My Uncle Trav's place in Cadott, WI










Surveying the garden.




Beautiful sunset back at my parents' house



The next day I went to my Aunt and Uncle's cabin. A bunch of my relatives were in town from out of state so I was able to visit with them (whom I haven't seen since pre-Korea)! It was awesome, but went way too fast of course.

Later that night, my dad, brother, and I went to Connell's Supper Club. A hot spot of my family's while growing up, this place still holds its own. Friends, fun, good food- just what a supper club should be.
It was super cool to go back here on many levels. To check out how it is since I was young --mmeemmooorriiieessss- and to compare and contrast to the Red Stag Supper Club which I now work at. Aaahhh It was pretty great I do have to say.

My brother and dad- we scored a table by the window. Best seats in the house!

Relish tray! Bread basket and cracker bowl!

With pickled herring!

Deep fried things. Mushrooms to be exact.

Then our second course came: Clam chowder (it was Friday night fish fry)
And even though it was fish fry-- my brother and dad both didn't bat an eye- claiming we have enough fish and even BETTER fish- fresh caught by themselves- at home. Sooooo we dinned on filet mignon, scallops, prime rib, and lyonnaise potatoes.
No pictures because I was way to into chowing down nom nom nom:::
p.s. I pretty much only ate meat and cheese on this visit to Wisconsin. Literally, with every meal. But I suppose that is assumed to begin with when heading to Wisconsin...

No comments: